RedwoodConnect……….Connecting Redwood County! Redwood Connect is working to bring broadband technology to your home and community, through classes, internet connections, free computers, telehealth communication and first class technology resources.
Who are we?
Who are we?
The Redwood County Broadband Steering Committee was made up of various organizations in Redwood County including Redwood Area Development Corporation, Redwood Area School District, Red Rock Central Schools, Wabasso Public Schools, Redwood County Technology, Redwood Area Hospital and more. The Steering Committee’s role was to provide leadership in creating and supporting community projects related to broadband technology integration and usage. The 2-year grant supporting this project, was funded by the Blandin Foundation. We successfully completed our third round of technology training classes and are now ready to offer you Technology Series IV training classes. We are offering you classes on Wednesdays from August 30 through December 13, 2017.
Pre-registration is required by the Monday prior to each class and space is limited to 12 attendees per class. Register today for classes!
Classes are listed on the event calendar to register online, or call Redwood Area Community Education at 507-644-3531. You’ll be glad you attended these sessions, plus the price includes food!!
“A very grateful thank you for the sessions I attended on computer and cell phone training. It was my “first step” in overcoming my fear of the new & updated technology in our world. And, I now know where to turn with questions and assistance. I thank you so much for this wonderful training. I have told so many of this incredible opportunity. I wish I could have attended to thank those people who granted the funds to this community and express a thank you to the instructors for their skills and talents.” ——Judy Smith—–
Community Use and guidelines
Community Use Guidelines for Technology Training Facility
Redwood Connect encourages the citizens of Redwood County to utilize this facility. To ensure the efficiency and care of this facility, Redwood Connect has developed the following regulations. Your
cooperation is needed to implement these policies.
- All local and state ordinances and laws pertaining to the use of public buildings and/or facilities must be observed.
- Gambling, drinking and possession of intoxicants are prohibited.
- No tobacco products.
- All police and fire ordinances and laws must be observed.
- Items may be placed on walls or windows providing no damage is done. Anything placed on walls, or windows must be removed at the end of session. If not, house cleaning fees will be applied.
- County IT Staff will need four days’ notice of any special setup for the Training Facility.
- Long term usage (over five days) will need approval from County IT Staff.
Rental Group Classification and fee schedule:
- Group 1
- County Staff & Community Education
- No rental fee.
- Group 2
- Non Profit
- $5.00 per hour with $25.00 daily max fee.
- Group 3
- Local Community
- $10.00 per hour with $40.00 daily max fee.
- Group 4
- Local Commercial and Businesses
- $15.00 per hour.
- Instructor PC
- 12 Student PC’s
- Display Screen with White Board/Smart Board capabilities
- Shared Printer/Copier
- Keypad entry