Phone: 507-637-4029 | Fax: 507-637-4002
*Please keep in mind that we do not answer our telephone when customers are waiting in line.*
Redwood County Government Center
403 South Mill Street, P.O. Box 130
Redwood Falls, MN 56283
Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Accepted Payment Methods:
- Checks (must have current address, driver’s license and phone number)
- Credit Cards (MC, Visa, and Discover – a 2.45% convenience fee will apply)
Driver's License Info
- View updated Driver’s Manual
- Check Driver’s License Status
- Check Driver’s License Application Processing
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Medical Self-Certification Form
Driver’s License Exams (Thursdays only in Redwood Falls)
Written Test: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Thursdays
You must be at the Government Center no later than 11:15 a.m. to take the exam that day.
Road Tests: Please call 507-537-7024 on Mondays or Tuesdays to schedule an appointment OR click here to Schedule a Skills (Road) Test.
Commercial Licensed Drivers: Beginning July 1, 2015, all drivers renewing their CDL will be required to provide a document from the following list that meets the proof of citizenship requirement.
- Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card
- Certified copy of birth certificate from any U.S. state
- Consular report of birth abroad issued by the U.S. Department or state
- Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship issued by U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Valid unexpired Permanent Resident Card
- Unexpired employment authorization document issued by USCIS or an unexpired foreign passport accompanied by an approved I-94 form.
**If the name on the above document is different from the current name on the CDL, the customer must also present proof of the legal name change(s). Acceptable proof consists of certified marriage certificates, certified divorce decrees or other certified court orders. Divorce decrees or other court orders must specify the name change. Identity and name change documents need to show a clear link between the citizenship or permanent residency document and the current name.
Motor Vehicle Info
- Report Vehicle Sales (Junked/Sold/Donated/Sold Out of State)
- 2017 Registration Tax Paid (Find Registration Tax Paid for a Motor Vehicle)
INSURANCE: As of January 1, 2016, current insurance information is needed at the time of all tab renewals and title transfers involving any self-propelled vehicles. Please have your insurance card with company name, policy number & current expiration dates with you. Reference: Minnesota Stature Chapter 169.798, Subd. 4
TAB RENEWALS: A portion of your renewal stays in Redwood County if you renew at your local License Center, otherwise if you renew your tabs online or by mail it all stays with St. Paul.
REAL ID INFO
MN DNR Licenses
MN DNR Licenses and Registrations
Recreational Vehicles Registration
- Off-Highway Vehicle (Including ATV’s – Class 1 & Class 2, Off-Highway Motorcycles, Off-Road Vehicles)
- Watercraft (Boats, Jet Skis, Canoes, Kayaks, etc.)MN DNR Licenses and Vehicle Registrations (Link) – Includes regulations and requirements for MN DNR licenses and Registrations
Fish & Game Licenses