Phone: 507-637-4056 | Fax: 507-637-4068
News & Info
News & Info
County Highway Permits
County Highway Permits
All of the applications for permits are in a “PDF” format and once downloaded, can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader. The application files may be large and, therefore, may take some time to download depending on the connection speed of your service provider. You may also request the application forms by contacting the Highway Department. Applications may be emailed, mailed or faxed to Redwood County Highway Department. Please note that no permit is valid until signed by the County Engineer or his designated representative.
Buildings and Over-width Loads (Moving)
This permit is for moving over-width loads across Redwood County roads. Download of this document will include the permit application and pertinent regulations to move buildings and over-width loads. Applicant must provide proof of insurance (either a Certificate of Insurance or copy of insurance policy). The applicant must also provide the route and/or map of Redwood County roads that will be used during the move. There is no fee for this permit.
Rural Access Permit
This permit is required prior to the construction of new rural entrances or the modification of existing entrances. Download of this document will include the permit application and Redwood County Policy concerning rural access entrances on County Roads. A map, preferably from a current plat book, must be submitted along with the application.
A $1,500 deposit (money order or certified check) is required prior to approval of the application. The deposit will be returned to the applicant upon final inspection and approval by the Highway Department.
Municipal Access Permit
This permit is required prior to the construction of new municipal entrances or the modification of existing entrances. Download of this document will include the permit application and Redwood County Policy concerning municipal access entrances on County Roads. A map must be submitted along with the application.
A $1,500 Deposit (money order or certified check) is required prior to approval of the application. The deposit will be returned to the applicant upon final inspection and approval by the Highway Department.
For a permit, please contact the County Highway Engineer. Each permit is handled on a case by case basis and will take a minimum of two (2) days to issue, possibly longer.
Permit for Misc. Utility and Repairs on County Roads
This permit is required for individuals or companies to perform minor excavations for utility work, temporary work zone sites, or any other activity that may interfere with traffic on a County Road. Download of this document consists of the permit application and regulations pertinent to various operations. There is no fee for this permit.
This permit is required for placing, construction and maintenance for utilities located within County Right-of-Way. Download of this document will include the permit application, rules and regulations of the Redwood County Board of Commissioners, and instructions. Applicant shall attach a sketch of the proposed installation with the application. There is no fee for this permit.
Barricade of Road and/or Public Events
This permit is required of individuals or organizations intending to temporarily barricade or close a County Road for the purposes of parades, celebrations or any other events that may interfere with traffic on a public road. Download of this document includes the application and insurance requirements necessary for the permit. There is no fee for this permit.
This permit is required for any drainage related activities performed within County Right-of-Way. Download of this document includes the permit application, specifications for construction, and a brief summary of Minnesota Law regulating drainage work. Applicant shall attach a sketch or map of the area showing location and intended type of installation. There is no fee for this permit. In some cases, a deposit will be required before the permit will be issued. The deposit must be in the form of a cashier’s or certified check and will be retained until the County Engineer verifies that the work has been satisfactorily completed.
Road and Bridge Closures
160th Street – Closed beginning 6/2/17 for bridge replacement
160th St. is closed from CSAH 2 to Ridge Ave. (on Brown County line, Brookville Township)
County Road 8 – Closed beginning 7/19/17 for bridge repair
County Road 8 is closed from County Road 4 to 205th St. (Gales Township)
Construction Project Information
CSAH 8 Bridge Replacement – SAP 064-608-028
Letting date: 11/16/2017 at 10:00 a.m.
Proposal Holders List
- Sioux City Foundry Co. – 801 Division St., P.O. Box 3067, Sioux City, IA 51102-3067 / Phone: 712-252-4181 / Fax: 712-252-4197 – NO BID RETURNED
- Construction Materials, Inc. – 6725 Oxford St., St. Louis Park, MN 55426 / Phone: 952-929-0431 / Fax: 952-929-0737 – NO BID RETURNED
- M-K Bridge Construction, Inc. – P.O Box 495, 300 US Hwy. 14 E., Walnut Grove, MN 56180 / Phone: 507-859-2172 / Fax: 507-859-2129 – $637,674.96
- Structural Specialties, Inc. – P.O. Box 502, Hutchinson, MN 55350 / Phone: 320-587-6719 / Fax: 320-587-0838 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – $701,987.00
- AAA Striping Service Co. – 12220 43rd St. NE, St. Michael, MN 55376/ Phone: 763-428-4322 / Fax: 763-428-8557 – NO BID RETURNED
- River Ridge Construction – 202 Galles Dr., Redwood Falls, MN 56283 / Phone: 507-627-3906 / Fax: 507-627-8027 – NO BID RETURNED
- CMD-Document Processing – 30 Technology Parkway So, Ste 100, Norcross, GA 30092 / Phone: 800-364-2059 / Fax: 866-570-8187 – NO BID RETURNED
- Korby Contracting Co., Inc. – 23016 240th Ave., Fergus Falls, MN 56537-8136 / Phone: 218-770-8596 / Fax: 218-736-2868 / Email: email@example.com – NO BID RETURNED
- M.R. Paving & Excavating – 2020 N. Spring St., P.O. Box 787, New Ulm, MN 56073 / Phone: 507-354-4171 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – NO BID RETURNED
- Geyer Signal Inc. – 25112 22nd Ave., St. Cloud, MN 56301 / Phone: 320-253-9005 / Fax: 320-654-6884 – NO BID RETURNED
- Duininck Inc. – P.O. Box 208, Prinsburg, MN 56281 / Phone: 320-978-6011 / Fax: 320-978-4978 – $996,454.50
- R&G Construction – 2694 County Road 6, Marshall, MN 56258 / Phone: 507-537-1473 – NO BID RETURNED
Equipment Rental with Operator: Belview / Delhi Area (Seasonal Requirements)
Letting date: 11/9/2017 at 10:00 a.m.
Proposal Holders List
- Zimmerman Maintenance, Inc. – P.O. Box 70, Belview, MN 56214 – BID AMOUNT = $76,225
- Alvan Sander & Sons – P.O. Box 58, Belview, MN 56214 – NO BID RETURNED
- Johanneck Rockway – P.O. Box 114, Wabasso, MN 56293 – NO BID RETURNED
- Gordy Serbus & Sons Gravel, LLC – P.O. Box 253, Redwood Falls, MN 56283 – NO BID RETURNED